Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A short introduction

I love to bake, but don't get to do it nearly enough. When I bake it's typically for personal use so I am not usually worried about it being crazy fancy or incredibly decorated. I just want good recipes that make me smile.

I'll feature recipes I find on blogs, in books, or magazines. I might also occasionally feature kitchen products that I particularly like or want. I will always feature a recipe I give a try...whether it turns out well or not. I'll mostly feature sweets, but occasionally a bread or casserole might pop up. We'll see!

So, HERE WE GO!


M&M’S Recipes & Ideas: Recipes: Red's Ultimate M&M'S Cookies:

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 12-ounce package M&M’S MINIS Milk Chocolate Candies
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Calories 90
Total fat 4.5g
Saturated fat 3g
Trans fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg
Protein 1g
Total carbohydrate 10g
Sugar 6g
Fiber 0g
Sodium 25mg


Preheat oven to 350F. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into butter/sugar mixture. Stir in M&M’S MINIS Milk Chocolate Candies and nuts, if desired. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not overbake. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks. Store in tightly covered container.

MAKES ABOUT 50 COOKIES

I used regular M&Ms rather than minis. The cookies turned out really well. A little sweet for my taste, but my husband loved them. They weren't the prettiest cookies as the candy bled a little. They were very soft and have remained soft for three days now (in a sealed container).

No comments:

Post a Comment