Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake

Confession: I'm not a huge fan of chocolate cake. I prefer brownies...I love how chewy they can be...cake seems almost over the top. However, I've been hearing raves about PW's chocolate sheet cake and decided I should give it a shot.

It is probably the best chocolate cake I've ever had...definitely the best I've ever made. My husband said it's better than anything we've gotten when we've gone out to eat.

It took me maybe an hour to make, total...and that includes baking and making the icing. We ate it right after the icing while still warm...with a nice cold glass of milk...fabulous.

By the way, I left out the pecans. I'm not a fan of nuts or crunchy cake.

Check out the step by step, picture by picture recipe over at The Pioneer Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment